Supplies from store:
1 cup of Sushi rice
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 leaf Roasted seaweed
2 tablespoons Rice vinegar
5 pieces of pink sushi ginger
1 Japanese sushi mat
2 teaspoons of Wasabi paste
- Break the egg and stir it in a cup
- Warm some oil in a pan and fry the egg. When the egg is ready you can let it cool down on a plate on the side.
- Put half a cup of rice in a small pot. Add water and rinse the rice.
- Drain the water.
- Add water again until the rice is about quarter an inch under water when it is dispersed in the pot.
- Let it boil gently on a medium heat.
- The rice is ready when all water has been absorbed.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into pieces of about 10 cm each.
- Now cut the cucumber pieces in julienne (each bar is about a quarter inch wide and thick).
- Divide the surimi bars each into 4 equal pieces.
Making the sushi:
- Add 2 tablespoons of Japanese sushi vinegar to the rice and mix well.
- Take a leaf of dried seaweed and place it on the sushi mat.
- Spread a thin layer (0.5cm) over the seaweed. Leave about an inch on two opposite sides.
- Put a row of surimi across the entire length in the middle.
- Place a row of cucumber along the entire length right just next to it.
- Place a strip of egg right alongside the entire length.
- Now roll the seaweed into a sausage by using the sushi mat. Start with a side where you have not glued rice about 1 cm.
- In the end, you attach the extra loose end of seaweed to it by wetting it with a wet finger and sticking it.
- Moisten the blade of a knife with a wet cloth. This ensures that the sushi does not stick to the knife.
- Now cut the sausage into equal pieces of about 1 cm to 1.5 cm wide. Wet the blade again between each cut.
- Spread the pieces of sushi over a plate.
- Take a small dish and fill it with soy sauce.
- Take a small dish and fill it with pickled ginger.
- Take a small dish and fill with wasabi paste.
- To eat you dip the sushi in some soy sauce and / or some wasabi and you can put a small piece of ginger on it to eat.