For 3-4 people
- 4 pounds of chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 squeezed lime
- 4 stems lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Cut each chicken wing to the joint in two pieces with a chopping knife
- crush 2 of the 4 lemongrass stalks completely into a mortar or with a hammer
- crush the end of the 2 remaining stalks of lemongrass so that it looks like a brush.
- Put 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a bowl and mix as well as possible.
- Put the chicken wings in a large bowl
- Add the soy sauce, garlic, oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, lime juice, 2 crushed stalks of lemongrass and the salt.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Let rest for at least half an hour (marinate)
- Mix well again after marinating.
- Place the wings on the barbecue
- Use the lemongrass brushes to rub the chicken wings with the honey and oil mixture.
- Turn the wings regularly and rub again. Attention: the oil often causes the coal from the bbq to start burning. Pay attention that the wings do not burn.
- When the wings are nicely browned, they are ready.